Each week, we provide additional resources that can help to go deeper with whatever series we’re currently focusing on as a church. These are optional extras! Please don’t feel under pressure to look at every resource, but consider what could be useful to you.
Download the Sermon, Small Group Questions, and ‘Going Deeper” Resource.
- VIDEO: This overview by the Bible Project is an excellent summary of the major themes in the book of Joshua: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqOqJlFF_eU
- CHILDREN’S VIDEO: “Crossing the Jordan River” – a video for kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wZeA2y9X7g
- VIDEO: “The Jordan River in High Flow” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-8wTNKsDI
Talks & Other Audio
- AUDIO: ‘Crossing over’ a sermon about crossing the Jordan by Rupert Higgins http://www.allsouls.org/Media/AllMedia.aspx
- AUDIO: ‘The Power of God’ a sermon by Paul Clarke http://www.st-helens.org.uk/resources/media-library/src/talk/51938/title/the-power-of-god
- AUDIO: ‘That they may know” a sermon by Mark Chew http://www.holytrinitydoncaster.org.au/resources/sermons/?sermon_id=2256
Articles and Other Reading
- BOOK: “Joshua, Judges and Ruth for Everyone” by Professor John Goldingay. Available at Koorong (by order), or: https://www.bookdepository.com/Joshu-Judges-and-Ruth-for-Everyone-John-Goldingay/9780281061280?ref=grid-view&qid=1492859279769&sr=1-1
- EXCERPT: An excerpt from the above book is available at: http://stbarts.com.au/2017/04/22/violence-in-the-book-of-joshua/
- ARTICLE: “Crossing the Jordan” by J. Hampton Keathley: https://bible.org/seriespage/3-crossing-jordan-joshua-31-424
- POSTER: A poster overview of the book of Joshua: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/tbp-wp/wp-content/uploads/woocommerce_uploads/2016/05/08-Joshua-FNL.jpg
- BOOK: “Joshua: No Falling Words” by Dale Ralph Davis. Available at: https://www.bookdepository.com/Joshu-Dale-Ralph-Davis/9781845501372?ref=grid-view&qid=1492859381115&sr=1-1