Each week, we provide additional resources that can help to go deeper with whatever series we’re currently focusing on as a church. These are optional extras! Please don’t feel under pressure to look at every resource, but consider what could be useful to you.
Download the Sermon, Small Group Questions, and ‘Going Deeper” Resource.
Talks & Other Audio
- AUDIO: “Supporting the Team” a sermon by Roger Salisbury (13 mins of absolute gold!): http://www.allsouls.org/Media/AllMedia.aspx
- AUDIO: “Division” a sermon by William Taylor: http://www.st-helens.org.uk/resources/media-library/src/talk/52760/title/division
- AUDIO: “Discipleship and the Kingdom” a sermon by Dick Lucas: http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/discipleship-the-kingdom
- VIDEO:“The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats” a sermon by Don Carson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4IOxqLrhz0
- VIDEO:“Doing Mercy to the brothers of Jesus and the Broken Neighbour” a sermon by John Piper: http://www.desiringgod.org/messages/doing-mercy-to-the-brothers-of-jesus-and-the-broken-neighbor
Study Guide for Lent
- BOOK: For Lent this year we have developed a Lenten Guide looking at some of the final stories of Jesus. You can download a PDF copy here:http://stbarts.com.au/2017/02/20/lenten-study-guide-a-sting-in-the-tale-download-or-order/
Articles and Other Reading
- ARTICLE: “Commentary Matthew 25:31-46” by Stanley Saunders: https://www.workingpreacher.org/preaching.aspx?commentary_id=2403
- SHORT STORY: “Papa Panov’s Special Christmas” – Leo Tolstoy(a beautiful illustration): https://www.thoughtco.com/papa-panovs-special-christmas-story-739300
- COMMENTARY: “Commentary on Matthew 25:31-46” by Richard Niel Donovan: https://www.sermonwriter.com/biblical-commentary/matthew-2531-46
- BOOK: “The Parables of Jesus” by William Barclay. https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Parables-of-Jesus-William-Barclay/9780664258283?ref=grid-view
- BOOK: “Interpreting the Parables” by Craig Blomberg. https://www.bookdepository.com/Interpreting-the-Parables-Craig-L-Blomberg/9781844745760?ref=grid-view
- BOOK: “Matthew for Everyone” by Tom Wright Read the commentary on Matthew 25.