Each week, we provide additional resources that can help to go deeper with whatever series we’re currently focusing on as a church. These are optional extras! Please don’t feel under pressure to look at every resource, but consider what could be useful to you.
Download the Sermon, Small Group Questions, and ‘Going Deeper” Resource.
Talks & Other Audio
- AUDIO: “Discipleship and the Kingdom” – A sermon by Dick Lucas: http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/discipleship-the-kingdom
- VIDEO: “How to wait…” – A sermon by Don Carson on waiting for Jesus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et9S7UrbHgQ
- AUDIO: “Shopping too late” – A sermon by John Cook http://www.allsouls.org/Media/AllMedia.aspx
- AUDIO: “Be prepared, he’s coming whether you’re ready or not” – A sermon by William Taylor http://www.st-helens.org.uk/resources/media-library/src/talk/7510/title/4-be-prepared-he-s-coming-whether-you-re-ready-or-not
- VIDEO: “Jesus Saves Us From Hell” – A sermon by Mark Wormell https://www.barneys.org.au/talks/reformation-sunday-jesus-saves-us-from/
Study Guide for Lent
- BOOK: For Lent this year we have developed a Lenten Guide looking at some of the final stories of Jesus. You can download a PDF copy here:http://stbarts.com.au/2017/02/20/lenten-study-guide-a-sting-in-the-tale-download-or-order/
Articles and Other Reading (Recommended Last Week)
- BOOK: “The Parables of Jesus” by William Barclay. https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Parables-of-Jesus-William-Barclay/9780664258283?ref=grid-view
- BOOK: “Interpreting the Parables” by Craig Blomberg. https://www.bookdepository.com/Interpreting-the-Parables-Craig-L-Blomberg/9781844745760?ref=grid-view
- COMMENTARY: Commentary on Matthew 25:1-13 – Some helpful context from Carla Works https://www.workingpreacher.org/preaching.aspx?commentary_id=1017
- COMMENTARY: A freely available commentary on the parable by Knox Chamblin - http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/the-parable-of-the-ten-virgins
- BOOK: “Matthew for Everyone”: Read the commentary on Matthew 22.