RE/QUIP is a three-day conference, from March 17-19 at St Bart's, for people in their 20s and 30s. The conference will focus on work, evangelism, and service the conference will bring together Christian thinkers from across Australia to deliver teaching, training, and workshops designed to equip you for your walk with Jesus.
Over the course of three days, we'll hear a range of talks on the topics of work, evangelism, and service. There will also be the opportunity to grow through practical workshops shaped around our conference theme. On Saturday night, we'll venture out into cafes around Toowoomba for a delicious meal and to hear the story of some of our speakers with an opportunity for Q&A.
We'll have a range of speakers sharing on topics relevant to Christians in their 20s and 30s who are wanting to shape their lives according to the Gospel and for God's Kingdom purposes. Speakers include:
- Dave Benson speaking on the theology of work. Dr Dave Benson is a world-renowned teacher, thinker and blogger. As the Director of Malyon Traverse (the centre for bridging church and culture), Dave is passionate about commending Christ and his kingdom in Australia’s post-Christian culture. In his work as an academic, former high school teacher and church youth pastor, Dave has taught widely on the theology of work and vocational stewardship. Dave is married to Nik (an Occupational Therapist) and is a self-described adrenaline junkie. On top of his work for Malyon Traverse, Dave blogs at wonderingfair.com and leads a house church community with Nik at christspieces.org.
- Michael Trafford speaking on social justice and the Gospel. Michael Trafford is the new State Director for Tear Fund Queensland. Having cut his teeth as a Youth Worker at Gladstone Baptist Church, he has a wealth of experience in spurring young people onto love and service. He is passionate about making disciples who do not look at social justice as an optional extra but as an outworking of the gospel and the spreading of the Kingdom of God in the here and now and into eternity. Michael is a follower of Christ, a husband and a father. Michael once rode a BMX bike 500km across central QLD to raise awareness of Australian Aid.
To book please purchase your tickets through Eventbrite using the form below.
- What if I'd like to come but can't afford it? While we need to charge for tickets to make the event happen we want as many people to come to Re/quip as possible. There are sponsorship options so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests for support.
- Is accommodation included? No. You will need to arrange your own accommodation for the conference. Wotif have kindly arranged some accommodation options @ http://groups.wotif.com/EventPage3375498Alternatively there a limited number of billeting options with members of the parish, please email: email@example.com if you would like to stay with someone from St Bart's.
- What are my transport options for getting to and from the event? If you need help getting to Toowoomba from out of town please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please contact David Browne on 0421 708 117 or email@example.com