Each week in January, we will be providing additional resources that may help to go deeper with whatever series we’re currently focusing on as a church. Resources could include recommended books, articles, online sermons, courses, or videos. These are optional extras! Please don’t feel under pressure to look at every resource, but consider what could be useful to you (or your group if you are a small group leader).
Resource for Families
- Discuss the way you serve each other as a family. Share some experiences of an act of service that has helped you learn more about God with each other.
Every Ministry Matters Expression of Interest Forms
- If you haven’t already, spend some time thinking about and praying over the various serving opportunities at St Bart’s on the ‘Expression of Interest’ form. You can also complete it online.
Videos & Talks
- AUDIO: The Foolish Stewards of God. A talk by Phillip Jenson on 1 Corinthians 4 See: http://www.phillipjensen.com/audio/the-foolish-stewards-of-god/
- AUDIO: A Warning to the Church. A two-part sermon on 1 Corinthians 4 by Alistair Begg. See: http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/a-warning-to-the-church-part-one and Part 2: http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/a-warning-to-the-church-part-two
- AUDIO: Childish Living. A lunchtime Bible talk from Dick Lucas on 1 Corinthians 4-6. See: http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/childish-living
- VIDEO: Stop Leading and Start Serving. A short video from Pastor Rick Warren on servant leadership. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lghqRpblOg8
Articles and Other Reading
- BOOK: “Preaching” by Tim Keller. Chapter 4 is entitled “Preaching Christ to the Culture” and reflects on assumptions of western culture.
- ARTICLES: Bible.org is a great free resource with two articles on 1 Corinthians 4. See: https://bible.org/seriespage/7-follow-leader-1-cor-41-21 and https://bible.org/seriespage/12-tough-and-tender-1-corinthians-46-21
- BOOK: “Humilitas” by John Dickson. This short book reflects on how Christ-shaped humility changed the world.