St Bart’s is a vibrant and growing church, located in the beautiful city of Toowoomba (population 150,000) and 130km west of Brisbane. In order to resource and support our mission to make and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, we are currently seeking to appoint a part-time pastoral care coordinator.
The overall purpose of this role is to oversee and grow the pastoral care ministry of St Bart’s, ensuring that everyone in our church is cared for. This includes coordinating a team of visitors (and ensuring that they are cared for); continuing to build significant community in the aged-care facilities in which we have a link; growing and developing the pastoral care team; and building upon existing ministries (e.g., emergency meals) and seek other opportunities to care for those in our community as an expression of the Gospel.
- Meet all requirements for safe ministry check and police check.
- Has completed training in pastoral care.
- Has experience in pastoral care and the leading of teams.
- Has a heart for people and can respond to human need.
- Is proactive and an excellent problem-solver.
- Has excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Mature Christian with a passion for Jesus.
- Strong leader and team player, able to inspire and work with others, organised and driven.
- On board with vision of St Bart’s (especially that described in VISION 2020).
Part-time role (50%), reporting to Priest-in-Charge, Adam Lowe. Holidays: Four weeks (pro rata) per year. Remuneration as determined and negotiated according to Diocesan scales (which is dependent upon qualifications and experience). Travel allowance (according to mileage) will also be provided.
Applicants should provide a CV, a cover letter, and two references. Applications should be emailed by Monday November 7 5PM to Adam Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org (for more information call Adam on 0410 512 782).