I’m excited that today we launched our Small Group program for 2016. We have a wonderful range of groups, so please take this opportunity to try one out! If you would like to find out more, please take a brochure, check out the groups on our ‘hello wall’, or enquire via stbarts.com.au. Still not convinced? Here are five reasons why joining a Small Group is a really fantastic idea:
- Go Deeper. Sundays just aren’t enough to explore every aspect of the Bible passage and its implications for our lives. Small Groups create a wonderful space to open up understanding, have questions answered, and apply the Bible to your life in a tangible way.
- Pray and Care for One Another. Small Groups are an incredible source of support – through care, but also by sharing life with one another. Praying for each other (at group and throughout the week) is extraordinarily powerful.
- Grow Friendships. Small Groups are a significant source of authentic fellowship together.
- Grow in your Relationship with God. Walking with each other is an amazing way to help grow closer to God.
- Encourage Each Other in Mission. One of the most powerful aspects of belonging to a Small Group is the way in which we can encourage each other in our everyday missional context (be that work, where we live, sporting groups that we belong to, or wherever we study). Small Groups are also a great way to invite people along who might not be ready to come to church, but are keen to understand more about God.