St Bart’s Mission Partnership Group are very appreciative of the opportunity to expand the awareness of the Mission Partnerships that are supported by St Bart’s. This opportunity was available as an adjunct to the 6-week sermon series on Mission Minded — Our Role in Making Jesus Known. Over the six weeks Partnership Contacts had displays in the foyer expanding on the background and activities of our partners in mission fields locally, nationally and overseas; and of the representative “sending” organisations. Opportunities to engage with parishioners seeking further information about those that we support. There were also opportunities to briefly talk with the Sunday School children about the missioners taking the Gospel message to those in distance lands; and locally to two schools within Toowoomba, and the outreach to the local homeless. In addition to this, the BCA bilby was well received by the children being made aware of the needs of those in remote areas across Australia. The Mission Partnerships Group hope that there will be similar opportunities in the future to further expand the understanding within the Parish family of the various mission partners.
The following are the mission partners currently supported by St Bart's, and the relevant contacts who will be quite happy to give you further details of the activities and needs of with whom we partner in the Gospel work:
- Steffan van Munster, Maranoa–Warrego Parish, based at Mitchell: Gillian Bonser.
- Trish Quattromani at Gabbinbar SS through Scripture Union: Heather Little.
- Rosies (for homeless) in Toowoomba: Margaret Coutts.
- Jason Attwood at Centenary Heights through Scripture Union: Helen Gordon
- Rev’d John Naumann, through Hearts for Africa, Tanzania: Barry Stone.
- Piper Family at Lightning Ridge, through Bush Church Aid: Penny Fuelling.
- T & J in SE Asia through Church Missionary Society: Richard Hargreaves.
- City Women (in Toowoomba): Margaret Coutts.
- Fr Emmanuel and Family, New Zealand/Fiji Helen Gordon.
For more information on our mission partnerships, visit the mission partnerships page on our website.